Wednesday, December 22, 2010

5x5 Fiction: Stories Told Loud and Clear now accepting submissions

5 by 5 Fiction: Stories Told Loud and Clear is a quarterly flash fiction e-zine.

I’m looking for exceptional stories to shout from rooftops. Complete stories (not rantings or poems) must be exactly 25 words long, told in exactly 5 sentences, with each sentence comprised of exactly 5 words.

Any variation from these short, sweet, strict guidelines won’t even be considered. All genres are welcome. Write it, proofread it, and send it in the body of your e-mail to loudandclearfiction (at) yahoo (dot) com. Subject line should read: 5x5_Story Title_Author's Name.

I only ask for one time publishing rights. Otherwise, all rights remain with the author. And don’t even think about plagiarizing, ‘cause you will be found out and prosecuted to the full extent of the claw. That’s right, I said “claw.” As in having your eyes clawed out. I’m deadly serious. For reals.

I have no money, so won’t be giving any away as payment. Sorry, wish I did have money for you. Hell, I wish I had money for me.

But how do I style my work, Angel?

As you would any story. I don’t want to see your work broken into poetic verses. I love poetry, but don’t want to have any submitted for this venue. Yeah, really. For God’s sake, didn’t you read the bit about the claw?

Should I provide a bio?

Yes. Make it exactly 5 words (and yeah, that includes your name). You can provide a link to your website or blog and I’ll hyperlink it to your name, so it doesn’t count toward your 5 words.

Okay.

Am I making myself loud and clear?

Then get going.

-Angel Zapata, editor
December 11, 2010

4 comments:

  1. Some challenge. Submitted! My story wanted to be 4000 words, but I kicked it into shape :-)
    Sean

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds awesome. I might have to hop on board with this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there Angel,
    Trusting I did as you requested.

    Takes smooth thinking once you get your head into it. But you knew that. Happy possibilities swirling most probable in your brave NewYear. ~ Absolutely*Kate

    ReplyDelete