Thursday, November 19, 2009

Said No to NaNo? Here are Two Tiny Alternatives

Okay, I admit it; I dodged the NaNo bullet this year. It’s not like I’ve stopped writing, I just don’t have 50,000 consecutive words in me at this time. The good news is I’ve been busy scribing flash and poetry all month long. So there. (Submit pic of defiant tongue here).

Recently, I found a couple of fun sites to wet the end of your quills and get those juices flowing (hmm…that came out dirtier-sounding than I intended) and wanted to share them with you.

THE ONE-MINUTE WRITER
Daily prompts that challenge you to pen a masterpiece…in 60 seconds! Writer, C. Beth has kindly provided a timer to jitter your nerves while you write. Basically you read the prompt, press play on the clock, and go!

THE ONE-MINUTE WRITER

BTW, she’s a limerick genius and you can view some of her brilliant five-liners at my next recommendation:

SEVEN DAYS, SEVEN ANSWERS
Daily prompts inspired by a variety of cues. Per the blog, “Read the cue, react to the cue. There's no right answer, no research required. I cite sources where applicable but it's all about coming up with creative answers. Winners are picked in a week.” It’s a challenge, so you get to compete with your peers. Win a coveted winner’s button to sport on your blog. And you have an opportunity to win one for every day of the week.

SEVEN DAYS, SEVEN ANSWERS

Have fun!

4 comments:

  1. I'm kind of pissed off that I don't write with a quill right now.
    But, I do enjoy the info - Thanks Angel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the info, Angel! I am doing nano, so I'm buried at the moment but I'll check it out in Dec.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Angel. I gave it a few tries.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Ang,

    I gave nano the bird because I couldn't stop writing shorts. ;) I just checked out these sites. Pure awesomeness. I love word games and short jaunts like these.

    Thanks for sharing and keep doing what you do because we all like what you do and what you do it with. (heehee)

    ReplyDelete